If you had Two Extra Hours in a day how you would spend it
A late entrant to Indiblogger, I came across this lovely topic and it sent my head reeling! Two extra hours is what I now need to fulfill certain things I have longed to do. I am making this post a little different from the usual post. It will be in form of ‘The Ten Commandments’ along which I would like to use this valuable time granted to me by the kind courtesy of Surf Excel!
- I will get up in the morning early and go for the jog which I enjoyed for so many years to keep me in good state of health and enjoy the pristine rising sun from the east and hear the chatter of birds. I would love to feel the moist dew on the grass and the leaves and touch the flower buds.
- With the sunrise, the newspaper pops in bringing in a lot of disgusting news of the corruption scandals, robberies, rapes and accidents. I would prefer to use a few minutes from this precious time to meditate and connect with almighty! It brings about untold peace and serenity to a troubled mind
3. The cab ride to office is a boon to catch up with the reading. I am already blessed to use this time in a discreet manner. Since, I leave early at 7AM from home, I do not witness the traffic snarls on way to Gurgaon, which becomes a madhouse with never ending woes of traffic and jams as the day progresses.
4. A few minutes of luxury time available in the office is spent on exercising around in the corridors. This helps to avoid stiff neck and eye strain by remaining glued to computer screen for prolonged time.
5. On the way back from office, the time is spent in observing people on the roads, the new sign boards, and the arrival of new brands in the market place.
6. A regular feature on returning home, is to go for a walk in a nearby stadium regardless of the weather to catch up with news at home front with my wife. This also gives an opportunity to say ‘hello’ to some acquaintances. The newbie indulging in funny exercises and innovative ways of walk and jog provide unending entertainment.
7. Now, I come to the most important commandment where the luxury of time can get me going for my childhood pursuits! Watching, programs on the TV for at least an hour of my old favorites like ‘Here’s Lucy’, ‘Tom and Jerry cartoons’, ‘Yes Minister’ et al. It could also be a short episode of old Charlie Chaplin shows, a movie like ‘The Sound of Music’, ‘Where Eagles Dare’ etc but not exceeding an hour!
8. The day is now nearing an end and I still have a luxury of almost another half an hour. I would like to read something like ‘Lonely Planet’ magazine or ‘The Reader’s Digest
9. Talk to my daughter on the phone for a few minutes on Skype or Face time before hitting the sack!
10. Roll over and sleep with sweet dreams of a wish to have another day to spend like wise!
Rigorous following of these commandments is my sincere wish to cleanse my body and soul with the extra two hours granted to me by Surf Excel!
- PS- This blog entry has been written for submission to Indiblogger for the Surf Excel sponsored competition